Białowieża Forest is a place where not the man is most important but the nature, which was and is the most important for the man. It is the world of no rush, noise or stress, but a place of peace and harmony that being close with nature brings.
Białystok is the capitol of Podlachia and a pot of nationalities and religions, the capitol of polish puppetry and wonderful “kresowa” cuisine. It is a XVIII-century hub of political intrigue and centre of culture and art.
Branicki Palace is a building belonging to the most beautiful XVIII-century magnate residence in Poland. Tourists can be astonished by the magnitude and harmony of the entire complex and interested by its rich history.
Construction of the building on Old Park grounds was began by Marian Zyndram-Kościałkowskiego’s initiative. He was a former białystok’s province governor, minister and prime minister in Second Polish Republic. Project was prepared by Jarosław Girin
Memorial for the soldiers of Home Army. Monument is a spiral obelisk as a tribute to three districts of Home Army: Białystok’s, Nowogród’s and Vilnius’. Massive repercussions from soviets in Białystok in 1939 deorganised upcoming underground army.
Guest palace Kilińskiego Street 6 (formerly Niemiecka Street) Baroque palace in front of us was built between year 1766 and 1771 probably according to Jan Zygmunt Deybel’s project. This baroque palace was built in years 1766-1771 most likely accoriding to Jan Zygmunt Deybel design.
Route of today’s Kilińskiego street is the result of city planning by Jan Klemens Branicki in XVIII century. Once settled, it lead along two ponds, which were a part of Branicki palace complex. The ponds were in the place of current odd numbers buildings – to the right from the palace when looking at Cathedral.
This beautiful white townhouse with black balconies was built by the end of XIX century for białystok’s most known dentist – doctor Abram Jossem. Jossem family was Białystok’s “dentist dynasty” as his wife was also dentist as well as his all 3 sons.
The history of the current building reaches the the beginning of XIX century. At that time house builder Chrystian Samuel Hoenigke, leased the square from catholic parish with building of a guest house in mind
For almost 300 years the only church in town was a small church from late renaissance with some baroque décor from XVII century. It took over a dozen years of effort to build a new church for the catholic community. In 1898 tsar authorities finally allowed the small church to be expanded.