The town lies 19 km to south-east from Białystok. It is located upon small river Melecinka today Rudnica and counts 2500 inhabitants. The name derives from “za Błudowską Puszczą” (behind the Błudowska Forest). The old documents tell us the settlement existed in XVI century when king Zygmunt Ausuts gave it along with surroundings to Lithuanian marshal Aleksander Chodkiewicz, the owner of nearby Grodek. Civic rights were given in 1533 and confirmed in 1564 and after 4 years, first printing house in town was established by Basilian Order. In the half of XVI century we can find here: church, orthodox church, school and poorhouse. Along with its civic rights Zabłudów got the privilege of organising fairs. At the end of XVII century town was owned by the most powerful Lithuanian house of Radziwiłł. Radziwiłł family, being eager Calvinism fans create Calvinist Church in Zabłudów that quickly becomes arian centre and one of the most important reformation centre in Poland. In 1706 near Zabłudów Swedish king made his camp during his way to Moscow in Northern War.